The following sanctions may be imposed upon any student found to have violated College policies:
- Warning: After a judicial conference or hearing, the hearing officer or body may believe the appropriate lesson has been learned and conclude the matter with a formal letter of warning.
- Disciplinary Probation: A written notification for violation of specified regulations. Probation is designated for a specified period of time and includes the probability of more severe disciplinary sanctions, including suspension or expulsion, if the student is found to violate any institutional regulation(s) during the probationary period. Students can be placed on disciplinary or housing probation.
You are considered not in good social standing with the College. Good Standing may be required for participation in certain campus activities. In addition, students not in good standing may have their conduct reviewed for leadership or employment positions on campus.
- Deferred Suspension: You cannot represent the institution on or off campus in any capacity. Examples include, but are not limited to: competition in varsity athletics, international programs or activities, executive board member of any student organization, PA, RA, Diplomat, Mock Trial, or Rhodes Ambassador.
- Loss of Privileges: Denial of specified privileges for a designated period of time.
- Fines: Previously established and published fines may be imposed.
- Restitution: Compensation for loss, damage, or injury. This may take the form of appropriate service and/or monetary or material replacement.
- Discretionary Sanctions: Work assignments, service to the college, education, referral to counseling, required behavioral assessment, or other related discretionary assignments.
- Residence Hall Suspension: Separation of the student from the residence halls for a definite period of time, after which the student is eligible to return. Conditions for readmission may be specified.
- Residence Hall Expulsion: Permanent separation of the student from the residence halls.
- College Suspension: Separation of the student from Rhodes College for a definite period of time, after which the student is eligible to return. Conditions for readmission may be specified.
- College Expulsion: Permanent separation of the student from Rhodes College.
More than one of the sanctions listed above may be imposed for any single violation.