Physical Plant and Work Orders
The Physical Plant is part of the Administrative Services Division and is comprised of five departments:
- Building Maintenance (carpentry, painting, and keys);
- Engineering (heating, air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing);
- Housekeeping; and
- Special Services (setups, College vehicles).
The goal of the Physical Plant Department is to provide a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for students, faculty, and staff.
Maintenance and special event requests are scheduled through two different methods.
For maintenance requests, from the Rhodes homepage, select “Work Orders” from the Quick Links and follow the directions on the screen. In case of an emergency, do NOT send a work order! Instead, call the Physical Plant at 843-3870 during regular business hours, or Campus Safety at 843-3880 for after-hours emergencies. Some examples of an emergency are a gas or burning odor, an overflowing toilet, or a power outage. Some examples of non-emergency situations are a burned-out light bulb, a slow-draining sink, or a pest problem.
Set-up requests for special events that require the moving of furniture or rental equipment should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following information in your set-up request:
- your name and telephone number,
- the date and time of the event,
- the location of the event,
- the time by which the set-up needs to be completed,
- and the particulars of the set-up.
Be as specific as possible when describing the required set-up. Set-up requests must be received five working days prior to the requested date of completion.
Audio-visual equipment may be requested through the Media Center in Barret Library.