Defined Contributions Retirement Plan
Memphis, Tennessee January 1, 2003
This Summary Plan Description provides each Participant with a description of the RHODES COLLEGE Retirement Plan.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I - Information About the Plan
- What Is The Rhodes College′s Retirement Plan?
- Who Is Eligible To Participate In The Plan?
- When Do I Begin Participating In The Plan?
- How Are Years Of Service Counted?
- Do I Participate During An Approved Leave of Absence?
- When Do My Benefits Become Vested (i.e. owned)?
- How Are Plan Contributions Made?
- Is There A Limitation On Contributions?
- What Is The Normal Retirement Age Under the Plan?
- When Does My Annuity Income Begin?
- What Options Are Available For Receiving Retirement Income?
- What Are My Spouse′s Rights Under This Retirement Plan?
- Is There A Retirement Income Option That Allows Me to Receive Income While Preserving My Accumulation?
- May I Receive A Portion Of My Income In A Lump Sum Upon Retirement?
- May I Receive A Lump Sum Payment From The Plan?
- What Happens To My Annuities If I Terminate Employment Before Retirement?
- What If I Die Before Starting To Receive Benefits?
- What Funding Vehicles Are Available Under The Plan?
- May I Rollover My Accumulations?
Part III - Additional Information
- How Is The Plan Administered?
- May The Terms Of The Retirement Plan Be Changed?
- How May I Get More Information About The Plan?
- What Are The Plan′s Claims Procedures?
- What Are My Rights Under The Law?
- Is The Plan Insured By The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)?
- Who Is The Agent For Service Of Legal Process?