The online version of the College Employee Handbook is currently undergoing revisions. For the latest version of the college handbook, please see the College Employee Handbook PDF (updated November 2022).

D. Outside Employment

Faculty who wish to accept outside employment during the academic year must make a written request to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for approval. The Vice President for Academic Affairs will grant permission for outside employment only when it will not interfere with College duties, will not create a conflict of interest for the Faculty member’s primary obligations to the College, and when it is consistent with Rhodes values and goals. If outside employment involves the use of College materials or facilities this must be made clear in the request for approval, and reasonable compensation must be made for this use. Faculty granted permission for such employment must make an annual report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs concerning its nature and extent.