Rhodes College is committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Each employee pledges that they will hold themselves and those who report to them to the highest standards of honest and ethical conduct.
- Each employee will report to their supervisor any real or potential conflicts of interest between their personal and professional relationships, including those relationships with only the appearance of a conflict. Such conflicts may arise when someone could receive personal benefits (financial and otherwise) as a result of their position at the College. All employees with any financial responsibility will complete the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire on an annual basis.
- Each employee is committed to full, fair, accurate, timely, and understandable disclosure in the College’s financial statements and other public documents. Each employee should understand that even individuals outside the Finance area help create the College’s financial statements since all entries into the College’s accounting and financial records maintained in its administrative systems contribute to the development of the financial statements. Each employee should also understand that any public announcement or statement by the College must be complete and correct to the best of their abilities.
- Each employee will transact the business of the College in compliance with laws, rules, and regulations applicable where it conducts business.
- Each employee will acknowledge that employment records, student data, and other information they utilize may be covered by laws of confidentiality, and pledge that they will not disclose any confidential information except where authorized or legally obligated to do so.
- Each employee pledges to promptly report any violations of this Code or any other suspected fraud or criminal or fraudulent activity of which they become aware to the Director of Campus Safety. They may make such reports in writing, by telephone, or by email, or in person by appointment. The College will not allow any retaliation against anyone who acts in good faith in reporting any such violation or suspected violation.
- Each employee is responsible for their own adherence to these Standards, and for exercising proper supervision to detect and report violations by their subordinates, peers, and other members of the Rhodes’ community.