The official work week is from Monday morning to the following Sunday night.
The normal work schedule for full-time, non-exempt office personnel is 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch. Employees should check with the employee’s supervisor regarding the employee’s individual work schedule.
The normal work schedule for full-time, non-exempt personnel in Physical Plant and Campus Safety is forty (40) hours per work week. Employees should check with the employee’s supervisor regarding the employee’s individual work schedule.
All staff employees may take a fifteen-minute break each half-day. Breaks should be scheduled so that offices and telephones, or other essential responsibilities, are not left unattended.
At the supervisor’s discretion, non-exempt employees may be allowed or required to take time off to maintain time worked within the 40-hour work week. This time must be taken within the same 40-hour work-week in which the unscheduled hours are worked.
How to Report Time
- Directors and above are responsible for maintaining their own individual record of time not worked. Time reports are not submitted.
- Exempt employees: Request and report time not worked (i.e., sick and vacation) in Workday. Time reports are not submitted.
- Salaried non-exempt (37.5 hour work week): Report both time worked and leave time in Workday.
- Hourly Non-exempt (40 hour work week): Report time worked through the College electronic timekeeping system and leave time (i.e., sick and vacation) in Workday.
Rules for Keeping Time
- Time must be kept daily by non-exempt employees.
- Hours worked by non-exempt employees must be reported accurately per day and on the exact date worked.
- If a non-exempt employee believes their time record is incorrect, the employee should inform the supervisor immediately so the record can be corrected.
- Records must be submitted to Finance Office in Southwestern Hall by 9:30 a.m. Monday on a biweekly basis.
- Falsification of time records is grounds for termination.
- Employees may not clock in or out for another employee under any circumstances.
- Non-exempt employees must report all time worked even if work is done outside of regular work hours, at home, or during lunch. Working off the clock is not permitted under any circumstances.