Five faculty members, all elected at large. At least 2 must hold tenure, and no more than 2 may represent any academic division. One student member, ex officio (non-voting); a representative of the Office of Academic Affairs, ex-officio (non-voting). When bringing nominees to the faculty for this committee, the Committee on Committees will seek to build a demographically, ideologically, and intellectually diverse committee, representing the broad range of experience and viewpoint found among the faculty.
- Formulate and recommend to the faculty policies and strategies for promoting a diverse and equitable campus environment for all students and faculty.
- Assist in the implementation of such policies and strategies, the assessment of their impact.
- Advise the Office of Academic Affairs on issues of diversity and equity.
- Liaise with the other faculty committees and with relevant offices of the College on issues of diversity and equity.
- Consult with the Title IX Officer on the College’s compliance with Title IX.
- Create ad hoc groups for specific projects related to the work of the committee.