The following noise reduction policy is established for the Rhodes campus:
- Live or amplified music on the Rhodes campus must cease by 10 p.m. or upon complaint on Sunday through Thursday nights, and by 1:00 a.m. on weekends (Friday and Saturday nights).
- Quiet Hours begin in all Residence Halls at 10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday. On Friday and Saturday evenings quiet hours begin at 1:00 a.m.
- All music or other sound, from whatever source, at any fraternity house, residence hall room, social room, or any other location on the Rhodes campus must be kept at a reasonable level at all times. The location of the event, the day of the week, and the time of day will be taken into consideration in determining what constitutes a “reasonable” sound level. Any sound that is easily audible outside the immediate area of its source must conform to the standards set forth in the preceding paragraph, particularly with respect to the stated days and times.
- Both registered or informal events must comply with the policy; it is the collective responsibility of those participating in such events to ensure compliance.
- Any College official has the authority to require compliance and report violations of this policy.
Violations of the noise policy may result in a monetary fine and other possible disciplinary action.